Friday, May 18, 2012

Pocket Troll: A New T&T Fanzine

Troll Hammer Press has released it's first Tunnels and Trolls product, Pocket Troll: A T&T Microzine! Pocket Troll is a new fan-supported magazine set up in a pocket-mod format. This format produces a small micro-zine that can be printed out and folded into an approximately 3" x 4" booklet.

The premiere issue of Pocket Troll includes five short articles, a one-room GM adventure, and a full, 30-paragraph solo adventure by me entitled "In Deep." Other contributors to Pocket Troll #0 include Jeff Freels who provided the cover art, Ken St. Andre, Roy Cram, Mike Eidson, Tom Loney, Mark Evans, and Paul Ingrassia the Troll Hammer himself.

I found writing the solo adventure to be a real challenge provided the limitations of the format, but in the end I was very happy with the final result. I think I packed as many experiences into 30 paragraphs as possible. The articles are necessarily short but provide some great T&T material including two monster descriptions. The one-room GM adventure is nicely designed, requiring fast-thinking players.

You can get your copy of Pocket Troll Issue #0 from RPGnow for only $2 USD. You'll get four pdf files: one for the articles and another for the solo adventure in pocket-mod format as well as two more files in standard 8.5" x 11"" format.

5 comments:

  1. Really enjoy this. Have you been paid the ultimate "complement" by being robbed by Shippy yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. But of course. Not to worry though, the authorities have been notified.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about I do a pocket solo along the lines of 'To Catch A Thief' and we all get a crack at taking out Public Enemy No.1?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the support, Dan. Your solo rocked. I didn't make things any easier on you with my zero-hour requests, huh?

    Mark, if you write that solo, send it to me as a submission for Pocket Troll, maybe I'll use it!

    ReplyDelete