Sunday, January 3, 2010

Welcome to my blog!

As the name implies, this blog will be focused on solitaire adventure gaming using the Tunnels and Trolls game system written by Ken St. Andre and published by Flying Buffalo Inc. Although I have been a part of a few face-to-face gaming groups in the distant past, currently most of my gaming is done with solo adventures or online at the Trollbridge, the OD&D Discussion board, and Rpol. Tunnels and Trolls is a fantastic game system for solo play. It is rules light, easy to learn, and has a long history of solitaire adventures starting with Buffalo Castle written by Rick Loomis in 1976. The game mechanics of T&T are also incredibly easy adapt to almost any situation using the tried-and-true saving roll.

In this blog I will be writing about my views on solo game construction, my solo adventure ideas and updates on adventures I am currently working on, as well as reviews of previously published solo adventures from Flying Buffalo and independent designers. I'll also discuss my own House Rules and other ideas for the Tunnels and Trolls rules system.

I have written two solitaire adventures for use with Tunnels and Trolls: House in the Hills and The Tomb of Baron Gharoth. I am currently working to make these available as print-on-demand books and pdf downloads from my storefront at Lulu (http://stores.lulu.com/danhem35).

2 comments:

  1. Hope your blog goes from strength to strength, and i look forward to seeing your solos.

    Would you like links to and from the Trollbridge lulu storefront? Help promote each other :)

    Zanshin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to get my mits on those solos too... Good luck getting them back into print!

    ReplyDelete